Denise Goldberg's blog

Short, sweet
Seeking ocean views

Friday, July 11, 2008

Around: Portsmouth

Two wheels rolling... stopping point Portsmouth. Two feet walking...

You would think that all those miles on my bike would make me want to sit still, wouldn't you? A hot shower had a rejuvenating effect; I headed out to walk, and to find some food. I walked and I walked, and then I popped in to a restaurant.

Funny, I just looked back at last year's Feeding an addiction journal and discovered that not only did I eat at the same restaurant tonight, I actually chose the same item from the menu. I guess it was so good the first time that I had to repeat it. Dinner was at Chiangmai Thai Restaurant. My stomach was quite happy with the 'Heart to Heart', described as 'large shrimps marinated with curry powder then chargrilled to perfection, served over steamed broccoli and squash, then dressed with peanut sauce'. Happy.

I walked some more, and then... back to the hotel to rest and write. To top off my good evening eating, there was a plate of fresh cookies at the front desk. Ah, a chocolate chip cookie to finish the day...


On a sign overlooking the harbor:
'From here you can see the tide turn like a door on its hinges. We're just going out. Do you want any thing from the ocean?'

Robert Dunn (Poet Laureate of Portsmouth)